1. The latest beta of the upcoming iOS 7 contains an important feature: A fingerprint sensor, the code for which is uncovered by Hamza Sood. Sood found a BiometricKitUI folder within the Accessibility Bundles in the Library directory of the new OS that contains the code for the functionality of the Biometric. The biometric scanner will be built into future iPhone’s home button, that’s the prediction.
2. Apple is designing a new camera mode called “Mogul” which would allow for the capture of a video at a superfast and precise rate- 120 frames per second. This would allow users to make slow motion films. Right now it is not known at what resolution this slow motion video is captured in.
3. The design of call buttons is refined. Apple continues to refine certain elements in iOS7 as seen in fourth beta release on Monday. The text quantity has been reduced. For eg button for ‘remind me later’ says ‘remind me’ now.
4. Redesigned lock screen. The lock screen contains a new Slide to unlock icon and animation, which make it slightly more obvious. These changes were noticed in the beta 4 version. It also includes new bar icons to expose Notification Center and Control Center.
5. Safari keyboard change. Instead of just a.com button in safari keyboard Apple has updated it to a simple period sign. Users can select the .com, .net, .edu, .org suffixes by holding the button down.
Other new features in iOS7 beta include changes to Siri, Mail and Messages.